We take care of family
What You Should Know About an In-Home Nursing Services Career | Fedelta Home Care, Seattle WA
August 08, 2022
What You Should Know About an In-Home Nursing Services Career
When people enter into the field of nursing, they do it, because they’re passionate, compassionate and driven. Unfortunately, working in a hospital setting is almost always high-stress, and the professional burnout is real. According to HealthLeaders, “more than one-third of nurses surveyed said they likely will quit their job by the end of 2022, primarily because of burnout and a high-stress working environment.” If you’re a nurse who is considering a career pivot, there’s a way to continue nursing on your own terms.
Companies, like Fedelta Home Care, offer in-home nursing services to families. This means that we provide skilled, medical support from professionals, like yourself. Here’s what you should know about in-home nursing careers, and in-home nursing careers are on the rise in places like the Pacific Northwest.
What Are The Benefits Of In-Home Nursing Careers?
In-home nursing careers allow you to do what you have trained so hard to do without the constant stress that comes from working at a hospital. When you work at a hospital, you don’t get to choose your hours, you’re working with so many patients that it can be difficult to form a strong rapport, and hospitals often underpay their employees. These components are the perfect recipe for burn out. In-home nursing careers allow you to:
- form stronger relationships with patients
- work with fewer patients
- receive better pay
- have a much more flexible schedule
- have more time with your own family
- avoid being “on call”
- work with a team that sees their clients as people rather than just patients
- feel a real sense of making a difference in people’s lives
What kind of in-home nursing options are available to nurses?
Depending on your medical focus, you may be looking for specific types of patients to work with. In-home nursing services serve all types of people in need of care. Two areas that skilled nurses usually work in are senior home care and pediatric home care.
Senior Home Care
Senior home care makes up a large portion of in-home nursing services. With your specialized skill set, you’ll have the opportunity to care for patients with
- Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Heart Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson's Disease
Nurses are also often needed for post surgical care, respite care and end-of-life care as well.
Pediatric Home Care Nursing
If you’ve been working in a children’s hospital, you may want to consider pediatric home care nursing. You can provide families a lot of comfort and support by caring for their child with complex medical needs. Oftentimes, pediatric home nurses work with children who:
- have had a tracheostomy
- are ventilator-dependent
- are transitioning from hospital to home
- have other long-term medical needs
If you love working with children, it might be worth looking into pediatric home care nursing as a career opportunity.
Are You Qualified To Provide In-Home Nursing Services At Fedelta?
Fedelta’s hiring process is rigorous, and for good reason. Our nurses are working with families who really need top quality healthcare. To be considered for an in-home nursing job at Fedelta, you must:
- be located in the state of Washington
- be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) license
- have an active BLS certification
- have pediatric Nursing or Home Health Experience
- have a driver's license and auto insurance
- provide excellent hands-on care to patients at all times
- be able to effectively communicate with parents/family members/guardians of patients in a respectful and professional manner
At Fedelta, we also prefer our applicants to have ventilator and tracheostomy experience. It’s also a bonus if you have the availability to work night or weekend shifts.
Why work with Fedelta?
Fedelta values our nurses. LPNs and LVNs can make $34 or more an hour and RNs can make $37 or more an hour. RNs also have the opportunity to:
- choose their hours and locations
- earn up to a $5,500 hiring bonus
- receive paid training of valuable Trach/Vent Skills
Fedelta offers a comprehensive compensation package, unlike ones you’ll find at hospitals. Our compensation packages include:
- premium pay
- the flexibility to create your own schedule
- one-on-one client care in an in-home environment
- a Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance package
- a 401(k) with employer matching
- dependent coverage
- free continuing education classes
- a professional development scholarship program
- paid leave
You don’t have to quit being a nurse to avoid burn-out. Consider pivoting to a career as an in-home nurse with a trusted care agency, like Fedelta. If you live in the Seattle area and are interested in applying for a job at Fedelta, please do! We look forward to reviewing your application.