We take care of family
Helping Clients & Caregivers Remain Healthy Amidst the Spread of COVID-19 | Fedelta Home Care, Seattle WA
February 27, 2020
Helping Clients & Caregivers Remain Healthy Amidst the Spread of COVID-19
A new viral illness named Coronavirus 2019/COVID-19 has been spreading throughout multiple countries since December of 2019. In response to the growing concern surrounding the Coronavirus 2019/COVID-19 virus, Fedelta Home Care is taking precautionary steps as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and local health departments to safeguard our clients and staff against this disease.
While the current risk of Coronavirus 2019/COVID-19 virus transmission in the United States is LOW, the CDC and local health departments are urging the general population and healthcare providers to prepare for outbreaks of the disease.
What are the symptoms?
People diagnosed with Coronavirus 2019/COVID-19 have reported symptoms that may appear 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus. Symptoms can include:
- Fever (typically over 100.4 degrees)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
What can you do?
Coronavirus 2019/COVID-19 is a viral illness that currently has no vaccine. Health experts are still learning how this illness is spread. Similar viruses are spread from person to person through:
- the air by coughing and sneezing
- close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
- touching your mouth, nose, or eyes
The current recommendations suggest the following actions may assist in preventing Coronavirus 2019/COVID-19 from being spread:
- wash your hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid contact with people who are sick
- stay home if you are sick and avoid close contact with others
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
If you suspect you may have been exposed to Coronavirus 2019/COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms, the following actions are recommended:
- Call your healthcare provider(s) and follow their instructions
- Ensure you have enough food and medicine at home to last 1 month
- Inform your Fedelta representative
Fedelta is committed to ensuring our clients and care staff stay informed as the Coronavirus 2019/COVID-19 virus continues to spread. For further information please contact your primary care provider or visit the following websites:
- Centers for Disease Control
- Washington State Department of Health
- King County Department of Public Health